Solar Energy company uses Anaplan for Financial Consolidations, reducing month-end and quarter-end consolidations processes from 10 days to 5 days.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Industry: Energy Renewables & Environment
Products and Services: Solar Energy, Solar Service, Clean energy
Revenue: $305 Million
Implementation Partner: Akili
Situation and Challenges
- Client needed a fully functioning consolidations model to replace its previous excel solution.
- The previous consolidations process was manually intensive and difficult to scale.
- Intricate income statement mapping caused complex reporting challenges.
- Create a consolidations model that would allow for a more efficient month-end process and provide dynamic visibility for senior management.
- Akili worked closely with the client’s accounting team to ensure a complete understanding of its financial consolidations process.
- Daily touch points with the client’s subject matter experts allowed for transparency and understanding of the model design.
- Client had all (100%) of the data extracts from source systems prior to the start of the project.
- Aggressive five-week project timeline was completed on time, including client training.
- All consolidation journal entries were moved to Anaplan online for complete visibility across the organization rather than having them staggered throughout multiple excel files.
- The month-end and quarter-end consolidations processes were reduced from 10 days to 5 days.
- Akili has extensive experience implementing consolidations solutions across multiple industries.
- Akili was chosen because of its strong track record with Anaplan implementations at scale
Learn more about Anaplan for Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP)
Unlike traditional fragmented solutions, Anaplan Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) unites all your sub-planning processes, including demand planning, supply planning, demand and supply balancing, and financial review, so that you can collaborate with other departments on a single source of truth. With Anaplan, you can gain consensus quickly and continuously refine your plans, as one change instantaneously ripples through all your demand and supply interconnections. The closed-loop S&OP process lets you keep up with fast-moving demand and the chaos of fragmented supply chains. Get the real-time visibility you need to rapidly course correct and align cross-functional resources to improve your revenues, margin, and operating performance. With Anaplan, you can embrace the chaos and use it to your advantage.
- Real-Time “what-if” analysis
- Consensus-driven flow
- Planning and execution alignment
- Demand planning
- Supply planning
AXIP Energy Services and Akili speak at the SAP-Centric Financials Conference at the Hyatt Regency in Dallas, TX Feb. 21-22, 2017
Nagesh Thukral – Senior Director of Finance & Treasury, AXIP Energy Services
Josh Fadley – SAP Practice Director, Akili Inc.
Reporting at AXIP Energy was done completely in Excel. 40 tabs with over 100 named ranges provided limited visibility to our financial information, in turn creating inaccurate budgets and reports. Through AXIP’s implementation of BPC, Akili was able to help AXIP simplify and automate their planning process. AXIP implemented headcount and benefits planning based on drivers so the dollar amount is calculated automatically based on benefit % and number of heads. This has given AXIP complete insight to be a value adding department that provides recommendations that will achieve operational and financial success.
Akili customer Tribune Media shares their Financial Planning and Analysis success story
With Anaplan for Finance you can plan, forecast, consolidate, analyze, and report – at scale and across your entire enterprise, with less effort, and more accuracy. Anaplan takes you beyond basic budgeting—linking advanced drivers and models to operational and financial plans across Finance, Sales, Operations, and HR.
Learn more about how Anaplan can help you build financial plans and orchestrate performance with speed, precision, and true collaboration.
View the Slideshare below to see how Tribune Media used Anaplan to simplify their capital spending monthly forecasting process.
To find out more about how Akili can help you realize the benefits of the Anaplan platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Akili customer DISH Network shares their Supply Chain Success Story
As the market for digital television became increasingly saturated and competition for customers intensified, companies such as DISH Network moved to a technology-driven business model that would enable an agile supply chain. Partnering with Anaplan, DISH re-engineered its supply chain to meet growth objectives and satisfy consumer demand for an ever-greater variety of products and services.
View the Slideshare presentation below on how DISH Network is planning to boost profits and reduce the cost of holding inventory by eliminating manual, spreadsheet-driven processes.
Contact Akili for additional information about Anaplan’s Supply Chain capabilities for your company at email@example.com