Akili’s methodology provided Client with a clear path to system stabilization while also establishing transparency.
Location: Houston, TX
Products and Services: Oil & Gas Field Services
Solution: SAP Basis and Solution Manager
Consulting Partner: Akili
Situation and Challenges
- Client went live in Mid 2015 and quickly had concerns about the SAP Landscape stability.
- The SAP Landscape (Dev, QA, Prod) were at different support package levels which caused significant issues with testing of new functionality.
- Client did not have any visibility into the health of their system and identified that there was a lack of standard monitoring being completed.
- Client was concerned with the growth in the environment and the utilization of system and disk resources.
- To provide 24×7 application management support for SAP Work Manager, SAP ERP, OpenText, Vertex, SAP BW, SAP BPC, and SAP Solution Manager.
- Akili completed the transition from the previous SI’s support model to Akili’s support model within 5 days.
- The system assessment was completed within 60 days and provided a long term support roadmap to stabilize the systems.
- Within 90 days, Akili setup a new Sandbox, completed critical upgrades of SAP ERP and Work Manager, and archived several legacy systems.
- Akili leveraged their standard SAP Run guides to quick start the proper system documentation for the Client’s audit and controls requirements.
- Akili demonstrated the ability to quickly transition support ownership and complete a detailed assessment of Client concerns.
- Akili’s methodology provided the Client with a clear path to system stabilization while also providing transparency.