Solar Energy company uses Anaplan for Financial Consolidations, reducing month-end and quarter-end consolidations processes from 10 days to 5 days.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Industry: Energy Renewables & Environment
Products and Services: Solar Energy, Solar Service, Clean energy
Revenue: $305 Million
Implementation Partner: Akili
Situation and Challenges
- Client needed a fully functioning consolidations model to replace its previous excel solution.
- The previous consolidations process was manually intensive and difficult to scale.
- Intricate income statement mapping caused complex reporting challenges.
- Create a consolidations model that would allow for a more efficient month-end process and provide dynamic visibility for senior management.
- Akili worked closely with the client’s accounting team to ensure a complete understanding of its financial consolidations process.
- Daily touch points with the client’s subject matter experts allowed for transparency and understanding of the model design.
- Client had all (100%) of the data extracts from source systems prior to the start of the project.
- Aggressive five-week project timeline was completed on time, including client training.
- All consolidation journal entries were moved to Anaplan online for complete visibility across the organization rather than having them staggered throughout multiple excel files.
- The month-end and quarter-end consolidations processes were reduced from 10 days to 5 days.
- Akili has extensive experience implementing consolidations solutions across multiple industries.
- Akili was chosen because of its strong track record with Anaplan implementations at scale