The refactored Anaplan solution now provides end users with a dynamic planning experience without having to switch between multiple views and dashboards.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate
Products and Services: Regional Malls, Premium Outlet Centers, The Mills, Community Centers (325 properties)
Revenue: $5.1 Billion (2014)
Implementation Partner: Akili
Situation and Challenges
- Existing Anaplan FP&A Model needed substantial revision and enhancement to remain effective based on changing business needs and requirements.
- Previous planning process was distributed among multiple modules and dashboards making it difficult to navigate for an End User.
- All enhancements and refactor work needed to be implemented with minimal downtime as the solution was still being used for planning and reporting.
- Six models each encompassing large amounts of data made the model size relative to available workspace ratio challenging.
- Rework current Anaplan model to incorporate new business needs and requirements for its budgeting season.
- Utilized a multi-phased, strategic enhancement roll-out approach, which allowed for minimal interference with daily Anaplan/Business User interaction.
- Met all pre-scoped user requirements before the projected completion dates which freed up bandwidth to complete needed but un-scoped stretch goals.
- Strong data integrity and negligible post-implementation corrections was achieved through methodical testing approach and constant communication with all necessary stakeholders.
- Client had a very capable Anaplan Administrator which led to successful and effective knowledge transfer on the front end to Anaplan developer on the project.
- Refactored Anaplan solution now provides end users with a dynamic planning experience without having to switch between multiple views and dashboards.
- New smaller module framework decreased size of overall model.
- New integration features allowed for seamless data transition between models and other platforms.
- Previously manual offline planning processes were incorporated into the model, which provides for a more streamlined planning and budgeting process.
- Akili was chosen because of our strong track record with Anaplan implementations at scale.